We have compiled a list of some frequently asked questions for you. If you cannot find the answer to your question right away, we will gladly give you an explanation via e-mail.
This program was developed in collaboration with an international team of doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists, integrating the most successful scientifically proven protocols from:
- Cognitive solution focused therapy (SFT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Systemic therapy & family therapy
- Rational emotive therapy (RET of REBT)
- Ericksonian hypnotherapy
- Self-management techniques from the MBA program from the Vlerick School
You can decide yourself how long you want to follow this program:
- 1. To gain insight into what solutions can help you, you will need about 1 month. if you find that to be enough, you can unsubscribe and stop to continue your journey without our guidance.
- 2. To practise these insights and skills until they have become a habit, you will need another month.
- 3. The third month you will learn how to prevent relapses. If you believe that you can continue on your own with all the knowledge provided, you can stop here. If you want to play it safe, we can continue to guide you.
- 4. In the next months, you can strengthen your relapse prevention, while we offer you the opportunity to bring more enjoyment into your life. Our experience is that our clients experience a lot of energy and life joy around this time, and that they once again start to pursue old life goals which they had given up on before. These life goals can be both professional and private goals. So, while you work on deepening your relapse prevention, you start seeing your new dreams more clearly and taking action to make these dreams reality. We can guide you in this, and you yourself choose at what point in time you let go of our guidance. This is something you do by simply unsubscribing electronically in your dossier. This unsubscription will be completely automatic, so the control over this decision is all yours! We have both clients who stay with us for only 1 month, as well as clients who choose to continue growing and realizing more and more ambitious dreams.
For people who follow this program daily for 6 months, that chance is incredibly small, nearly non-existent actually, unless something extremely dramatic happens in their lives. Sometimes dramatic, unexpected circumstances like the loss of a loved one or family member will disrupt the new balance found. In that case you can decide to do the first month of the program again, to freshen your memory for earlier solutions. This, however, hardly ever happens. The reason for this is that this program builds up the confidence that you can solve your own (daily) problems. This explains why people, after this program, practically never relapse badly again. You will still have moments where you feel like you might relapse … but you will know how to recognize that process in its early stages, and therefore be able to stop it.
Currently, the program exists in Dutch, French, Spanish and English. We are working on the German translation.
Yes, a little bit. You need to be able to read e-mails and surf our website. We do not offer any services to help you with problems with your own computer, as we expect you to have some experience with computers. So if this is not the case, we recommend you to speak to a friend to get you started.
No, it offers much more.
Yes, this program does contain several e-learning modules, especially in the first part where we include some theory to give a background.
The effect of this program, however, goes beyond that:
- 1. This program helps you to more efficiently reflect on your own habits (thoughts, behavior, and feelings) with the goal of creating new insights and habits, which will lead to more pleasant feelings.
- 2. Once you have gotten the hang of this formula for success, we will help you to practise the new habits until they happen subconsciously and automatically.
- 3. After that, we teach you how to prevent relapsing.
These 3 goals cannot be reached with e-learning alone.
- 1. After two weeks or so, most people see that they have more good moments than before, and that they slowly start to get a grip on their problem, even though there will be ups and downs.
- 2. By the end of the first month, it will become clear how they can solve their problem. By the end of the second month they start to notice that the solutions become new habits – on the condition that they effectively do their daily practising, of course.
- 3. After three or so months, most participants have gained the same effect which successful psychotherapy offers.
- Those who continue beyond this, can prevent relapses themselves, or immediately correct them. This can also be done in cooperation with their life partner or family members. In this phase you will also realize that you have more energy to use to start new things in your life, or to take up old dreams again and start to work toward making these dreams come true.
- 1. By asking solution based questions regarding
- tangible solutions in the present and
- what you want in the future (as soon as you are ready for this).
- 2. By focusing on what already helps, and doing more of this.
- 3. By finding out what does not work for you, and doing less of that.
- 4. By building up the confidence to look for solutions on your own.
- 5. By replacing inefficient habits by more useful habits.
- 6. By teaching new skills.
- 7. By not digging into the past without need.
- 8. By teaching self-reflection and how to look for own solutions.
- 9. By keeping it all short and simple.
If you have a question while following the self-help program (a technical question or a question about the content), then you can contact us directly through the built-in mailing system. All your questions and our answers will be gathered on this one page. If after 10 days you cannot find the answer to your question here, please, contact us again and we will take care of it as soon as possible.
As soon as you have followed the program for a month, you will get to a purchasing page upon log-in, where you can renew your subscription. That is when you can decide whether to pay extra or not. And of course there is always the option to buy another month and continue with the program when you want to do so. Your access rights and your right to use the content expire when the period you bought for has ended. You can buy another month at any time to continue the program where you left of. You can do this even after some months or even years of interruption. You choose yourself how much you want, when you want.
No, the program automatically stops after one month, unless you decide to renew your subscription. All control for this decision thus lies with you, because we find it important that you, yourself, choose for what amount of time you need the program, because you are the one that knows what is best for you. There are many participants who feel like one month is enough, and others prefer to continue beyond that. This is something you can decide at any moment.
You pay for the right to access the program for one month (or more if you buy more of them). This gives you the right to follow the program the way we offer it, in the order we offer it because this will give you the best results according to our scientific research. So this DOESN’T give you the right to share the content, the texts or videos. Nor to use them after this period.
- * Anxiety: anxieties, performance anxiety, phobias, hyperventilation, dizziness, test anxiety, fear of flying, agoraphobia, feelings of guilt
- * Stress: work stress, burnout, exhaustion, relationship stress, chronic fatigue syndrome
- * Depression: apathy, depressed moods, helplessness
- * Physical complaints: migraine, tension headache, eczema, Ménière’s disease, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure or hypertension
- * Personality: self-esteem, charisma
- * grieving process: learning to process loss (relationship ending, death)