What is the scientific basis of this programme?
Developed in collaboration with an international team of physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists, this program integrates the most successful scientifically proven protocols:
- Cognitive solution-oriented therapy (SFT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- System therapy & family therapy
- Rational emotional therapy (RET or REBT)
- Ericksonian hypnotherapy
- Self-management techniques from the MBA programme of the Vlerick School
How long does this program last?
You can choose how long you want to follow this program:
- To understand which solutions can help you, you need about 1 month. If you find that sufficient, you can unsubscribe and stop to continue your way without our guidance.
- To practice these insights and skills until they become a new habit, you need one more month.
- The third month you will learn how to prevent recurrence. If, with that knowledge, you think you can go on, stop here. If you want to play on certainty, we will guide you further.
- In the coming months you can further strengthen your relapse prevention, while we offer you the possibility to tap new slopes in your life. Our experience is that our customers experience around this time that a lot of joy and energy is added and that they like to take back old dreams of life that they had already given up for a long time. These dreams can be both professional and private. So while you continue to work on deepening your relapse prevention, you begin to clarify your new dreams and take action to realize them. We can guide you in this and you choose for yourself at which point you let go of our guidance. You do this by simply writing you out electronically in your file. This happens fully automatically, so the control of this choice is yours! We have just as much customers who only follow one month, as customers who choose to continue to grow up to the realization of increasingly ambitious dreams.
Will I return to my old habits after this program?
For people who follow this programme daily for six months, the chance is very small to almost non-existent, unless something exceptionally dramatic happens in their lives. Sometimes, dramatically unexpected circumstances, such as the loss of a loved one or relative, may temporarily upset this new balance. Then you can choose to retake the first month of the program to refresh your memory for your past solutions. However, this happens only very rarely. The reason for this is that this program can build the self-confidence you need to solve your (daily) problems yourself. This explains why people hardly ever relapse deeply after this program. You will occasionally have moments where you almost risk relapsing, but you will know how to recognize and stop the process in time.
In what language is this program?
The programme currently exists in Dutch, French and English. We are working on a Spanish and German version for 2019.
Do I need internet knowledge?
Yes, a little bit, you have to be able to read e-mails and surf our website. We do not offer a service to help you with problems with your own computer, as we expect you to have computer experience. So if this is not the case, we recommend that you speak to a friend to help you get started. If you really don't have any internet experience at all, this online program is not a good choice for you, unless you have someone in your house who can help you technically on a regular basis.
Is this an e-learning program?
No, it offers much more
Yes, this program also contains some e-learning modules, especially in the first part where we give you a little bit of theory as background.
However, the impact of this programme goes much further:
- This program helps you to reflect more efficiently on your own habits (thoughts, behaviour and feelings), with the aim of coming to new insights and actions, so that you also grow more pleasant feelings.
- Once you've got that formula for success, we'll help you practise those new habits until they run unconsciously, automatically and automatically.
- Then we teach you how to prevent relapse.
These last 3 objectives cannot be achieved with e-learning alone.
How quickly can I expect results?
- After about two weeks most people see that the number of better moments with small steps begins to increase and that they start to get a grip on their problem, albeit still with trial and error.
- Towards the end of the first month, it becomes clear how they can solve their problem. By the end of the second month, they begin to notice that these solutions are becoming a new habit, provided they do their daily exercises effectively, of course, every day.
- After three months most participants have the same effect as after a successful psychotherapy.
- Those who continue to live longer can prevent a recurrence or correct it immediately, whether in consultation with their partner or their close family. In this phase you will also discover that energy is given to you to begin completely new things in your life or to take back and realize old - lost - dreams.
How does this program help you?
- By asking solution-oriented questions about
- concrete solutions in the present and
- what you want in your future (as soon as you are better)
- By focusing on what does help already and doing more of it
- By discovering what doesn't work for you and doing less of that
- By building self-confidence to find solutions yourself
- By replacing inefficient habits with more useful habits
- By learning new skills
- By not unnecessarily digging in the past
- By learning to reflect and discover your own solutions
- By keeping it short and concrete
While following the online self-help program I have a question
If you have a question while following the self-help program (a technical or substantive question), you can contact us directly via our built-in mail system. All your questions and our answers are collected on 1 page in the FAQ. If after 10 days you can't find the answer in the FAQ, please contact us again and we will make sure that it's correct as soon as possible.
I'm following the program for a month. How can I renew?
At the moment your month is expired, you will be logged in to the purchase page to renew. At that moment you can decide for yourself whether you want to pay extra or not. Of course, you can still buy another month later and continue your program whenever you want. Your right of access and right to use the content expires as soon as the period for which you paid has passed. You can buy an extra month at any time to continue with the program you ended last time. This can even happen after a few months or years of break. You choose how much you want at what time.
Is there a notice period?
No, the program stops automatically after one month unless you decide to renew it yourself. So the control lies entirely with you because we find it important that you choose how long you need the program, because you will feel it best. There are many participants who only need one month, some prefer to follow the program longer. You can decide that at any time. Your right of access and right to use the content expires as soon as the period for which you paid has passed.
What right do I buy when I pay for one month's access?
You pay for an access fee to follow the program for 1 month (or more if you purchase more than one month). This gives you the right to follow the programme as we offer it, in the order in which we offer it, because according to our scientific research this gives you the best results. This does NOT entitle you to share the content, texts or videos. And not to use them after this period.
What problems could be considered?
- Fear: fears, fear of failure, phobias, hyperventilation, dizziness, exam anxiety, fear of flying, agoraphobia, guilt feelings
- Stress: work stress, burn-out, overtime, relationship stress, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depression: listlessness, helplessness
- Physical complaints: migraine, tension headache, eczema, Menière disease, peptic ulcer, high blood pressure or hypertension
- Personality: self-confidence, charisma
- Mourning process: learning to process loss (break in relationship, death)